Atlas Mountains to Essaouira Family Trip
Atlas Mountains to Essaouira With Kids, Hike and Beach 8 Days
A wonderful family trip adventure from Atlas Mountains to Essaouira with kids. You’ll enjoy the tranquil pace of life in the remote villages of the High Atlas mountains. Easy day-hikes will introduce you to mountain villages inhabited by the friendly and traditional Berber tribes.
While you hike, your children can ride mules, so you can stretch your legs and take in the clear mountain air and views. After that discover the local lifestyle of the Berber villages of the three valleys; Ait Mizan with nice view over the Atlas Mountain chain including Toubkal peak. Imnan with its nice terraces, Berber villages huddled on the Imnan river, and the Azzaden with its colorful villages, biggest waterfalls in the Area.
The valleys are home to tiny hamlets and villages of the ethnic Berbers, a herding and farming community. Visit their homes and interact with them to know more about their traditions and customs. See their terraced fields of corn and barley and get a glimpse of their day to day living
Finally, you’ll have a few days at Essaouira coast to explore this historic port town. Take a stroll around the ramparts and see the old cannons facing out to sea. Wander through alleyways packed with Moroccan crafts, or you can simply relax on the beach.
Atlas Mountains to Essaouira Highlights:
- Explore the exotic Marrakech, and the colourful UNESCO Djamaa el Fna.
- Trek and discover three different High Atlas valleys and ride up mules.
- Experience the friendliness and hospitality of the Berber people.
- Meet a Berber family and learn to cook a Tajine stew.
- Play and have Fun on the spectacular Essaouira beach.
Family Trip Atlas Mountains to Essaouira at a Glance:
- Day 1: Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2: Marrakech – Imlil(1750m) – Tamatert pass(2279m) – Tinghrin(1600m)
- Day 3: Tinghrin(1600m) – Aguersiwal pass(2010m) – Ouddid pass(2200m) – Tizi Oussem(1900m)
- Day 4: Tizi Oussem(1900m) – Mzikk pass (2400m) – Imlil(1750m)
- Day 5: Imlil(1750m) – Asni – Marrakech – Essaouira
- Day 6: free day to explore the town
- Day 7: Essaouira – Marrakech
- Day 8: The end of the adventure