Massif Saghro Trek Winter Sunshine – 8 Days
Massif Saghro Trek, Anti Atlas Hikes and Winter Sunshine – 8 Days
South of the Atlas Mountains, The Massif Saghro trek is a mountainous region of volcanic origin that makes an excellent destination for some winter sunshine, culture and spectacular trekking. This is a rugged world of gorges, rock spires and mesas that shelters a number of picturesque Berber villages.
Starting in Marrakech, we cross the Atlas Mountains at the Tizi n’Tichka (2260m), traverse the Dades Valley with its kasbahs and palm groves to reach the start of our trek. We head south on quiet trails through the Jebel Saghro. Crossing remote uplands and camping beside the stone-built summer settlements or ‘azibs’ of the Berbers. Beyond our high point at the summit of Kouaouch (2600m), where the views encompass the snow-capped summit of Jebel Mgoun, our trek continues by way of the spectacular twin towers known as Bab n’Ali (Ali’s Gate). We round off this wonderful week with the chance to explore Marrakech.
Massif Saghro Trek Highlights:
- A short trekking holiday into one of Morocco`s wildest regions
- Stunning views of snow-capped M`Goun from the summit of Kouaouch
- Trek to the inconic rock formation of Bab n`Ali
- Drive through the Dades – `Valley of One Thousand Kasbahs`
- Taste delicious local cuisine.
- A superb adventurous trekking and exotic Marrakech
Saghro Trek at a Glance:
- Day 1: Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2: Marrakech – Tizi n Tichka – Tagdilt
- Day 3: Tgdilt – Tizi Ouzarzam (2300m)
- Day 4: Mount Kouaouch (2600m) – Tassigdel
- Day 5: Tassigdel – Id Bab n Ali
- Day 6: Id Bab n Ali – Jbel Saghrou
- Day 7: Jbel Saghro – Ait Ben Hadou – Marrakech
- Day 8: Marrakech Airport