Trek Saghro Massif Winter Trekking – 8 Days
Massif Trek Saghro Massif, Anti Atlas and Winter Trekking – 8 Days
South of the Anti Atlas Mountains, The Saghro massif is a mountainous region of volcanic origin that makes an excellent destination for some winter trekking, culture and spectacular treks. A rugged world of gorges, rock spires and mesas that shelters a number of picturesque Berber villages.
Starting in Marrakech, we cross the Atlas Mountains at the Tizi n’Tichka (2260m), traverse the Dades Valley with its kasbahs and palm groves to reach the start of our winter trekking. We head south on quiet trails through the Jebel Saghro massif. Crossing remote uplands and camping beside the stone-built summer settlements or ‘azibs’ of the Berbers.
Beyond our high point at the summit of Kouaouch (2600m), where the views encompass the snow-capped summit of Jebel Mgoun, our Saghro trek continues by way of the spectacular twin towers known as Bab n’Ali (Ali’s Gate). We round off this wonderful week with the chance to explore Marrakech.
Saghro Massif Trekking Highlights:
- A short trekking holiday into one of Morocco`s wildest regions
- Stunning views of snow-capped M`Goun from the summit of Kouaouch
- Trek to the inconic rock formation of Bab n`Ali
- Drive through the Dades – `Valley of One Thousand Kasbahs`
- Taste delicious local cuisine.
- A superb adventurous trekking and exotic Marrakech
Saghro Massif Trek at a Glance:
- Day 1: Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2: Marrakech – Tizi n Tichka – Tagdilt
- Day 3: Tgdilt – Tizi Ouzarzam (2300m)
- Day 4: Mount Kouaouch (2600m) – Tassigdel
- Day 5: Tassigdel – Id Bab n Ali
- Day 6: Id Bab n Ali – Jbel Saghrou
- Day 7: Jbel Saghro – Ait Ben Hadou – Marrakech
- Day 8: Marrakech Airport