Ourika Valley Tour from Marrakech
Excursion to Ourika Valley Tour from Marrakech 1 Day Trip
If you’ve explored the Marrakech medina and haggled for bargains in the sprawling souk. Heard storytellers weave their magic in the Djemaa el Fna square, and dined al fresco on Moroccan cuisine. It’s time for a Day trip to Ourika valley tour from marrakech to discover more of the magic of Morocco in this day trip.
Close to Marrakech, the magical Ourika Valley stretches for about 30 miles across the foothills of the High Atlas. This excursion to the Atlas Mountains is one of the most picturesque drives where the road follows the rushing Ourika River, which although the levels vary. Never runs dry and provides wonderful whitewater rafting in the summer months.
The road winds through fields, shady orchards and meadows. After that continues up through the valley. The Berber villages here are dotte with clay houses made from the local red soil, blend so nearly into their surroundings that seems like if they have pushed up from the earth. Here on the typical Berber villages of the ourika valley You will get to see how the Berbers live in addition to experience some of their food and their culture.
“Tnin Ourika” Local Market Day of Ourika Valley Tour Excursion
On the way up, you will have the opportunity to stop and visit the colorful and bustling Tnine Ourika (souk) Local market day. The largest in the valley, sets every Monday. Peoples living around come to buy their needs for the whole week ( great activity).
Lastly at an altitude of about 1500 meters. The tarred road ends with the charming village of Setti Fatma where you will lunch in a Berber restaurant by the river. A tasty local Tagine for example.
Finally ending with an optional walk to the famous seven waterfalls. An absolutely beautiful spot with the falls cascading down the mountainside.
Ourika Valley Tour from Marrakech at a Glance:
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 65€ /person
- Group 4 – 5 people : 50€ /person
- Group 6 – 12 people: 40€ /person
- English speaking guide.
- Ground transfers by 4×4 / minibuses : ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Travel insurance
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
* This Day trip runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference. * We usually have several trips departing each week that you may join if you are a solo traveler,
Day Trips You might also Like:
- Day Trip to Ouarzazate and Ksar Ait Ben Haddou
- Ouzoud Waterfalls Excursion Hiking Day Trip
- Hiking Imlil Valley tour From Marrakech
- Marrakech to Essaouira Excursion 1 Day Trip
- Hiking Day Trip in the Atlas Mountains
- Day Trip Cycling Atlas Mountains