High Atlas Mgoun Summit Trek 8 Days
Central High Atlas Mgoun Summit Trekking Adventure (4071m) – 8 Days
High Atlas Mgoun summit trek to the valley of Ait Bouguemez (Happy Valley) is located in the middle of a limestone mountain Massif, Stretching over 30 km long with many charming villages, clinging to the rock. People continue to live in the traditional Berber sedentary farmers in the north and semi nomadic pastoralists in the south. This valley is rich in crops (especially apples). So this is a lovely trekking mgoun summit adventure, easy and rich trip for you to discover the heart of the high Atlas mountains.
Travel from Marrakech to the Central high atlas for a lovely couple of days trekking adventure. On the way up you will be visiting the natural bridge of Imi-n’ifri and into the Ait boulli Berber valley which is our starting point of the trek after meeting with our local staff. The first night will be in Rouguelt one of the valley’s villages.
Trek for 6 days to explore the Berber villages of the Happy Valley.
Climb up the second highest peak in Morocco and the Nord Africa high atlas Mgoun summit trek 4071m. And the best of what the central high atlas can offer.
On the way back through a different road, you be visiting the highest waterfalls in Morocco “Ouzoud” where you will have lunch prior to travel back to Marrakech.
High Atlas Mgoun Summit Trek at a Glance:
- Day 1: Fly to Marrakech
- Day 2: Marrakech – Imi n Ifri – Ait Bouli – Rouguelt (1900m)
- Day 3: Rouguelt (1900m) – Rouguelt pass (2500m) – Idaghmamn (2200m)
- Day 4: Idaghmamn (2200m) – Assadrem pass (3150m) – Tarkddit plateau (2900m)
- Day 5: Tarkddit (2900m) – Mgoun Summit (4071m) – Izabeyn (2600m)
- Day 6: Izabeyn (2600m) – Arouss (2100m) – Bouguemmez valley(1800m)
- Day 7: Ait Bouguemmez – Ouzoud waterfalls – Marrakech
- Day 8: The end of the tour adventure
> Trips you might also like: